Superfine Optically Polished Molybdenum Mirrors
Molybdenum properties of high thermal conductivity of 138 W/mK, high durability and optical damage threshold, make this material the choice mirror for hostile environment applications.
Reflectivity of uncoated optically polished molybdenum is greater than 90% for wavelengths longer than 1.8 microns. Pure vacuum ARC cast low carbon is the preferred material for polished molybdenum (Mo) mirrors.
Benefits of optically polished Moly / molybdenum laser mirrors:
- High reflectivity at the CO2 10.6 micron wavelength
- High anti-corrosion capability
- Highest CO2 CW laser damage threshold
- Surface finish: 20/10 scratch/dig; <20 Angstroms Ra
- Standard flatnesses: lambda/2, lambda/4, lambda/10